Dead Man Walking Kicks Off on Opening Night!!!

ImageImageImage

Thursday evening at 7:00 pm, the student cast of Dead Man Walking, put their hard work to the test in front of their first full performance production in front of an audience.  With weeks of practice and long nights, their hard work paid off.  Not only did the performance impress director Mr. Serpa and the cast itself, but the audience was astounded, ending in a standing applause.

With lead roles by Kyra Pelham as Sister Helen Prejean and Emilio Villalobos as Matt Poncelet, the two shined on stage performing to their best abilities and proving their skills.  Along with the lead roles, came 31 other supporting roles, a large cast for a school production, but it paid off.  With each role having its own personality, the play seemed even more realistic, bringing tears to the eyes of many by the end.

Overall, the story captures the final period of a life of a man on death row (Matthew Poncelet), and his fight and loss to survive, after supposedly committing murder and rape.  Along the way, a nun (Sister Helen Prejean) that he contacted defends and helps to guide his life in the right direction before he goes to the electric chair.  The story captures the past and present parts of the story, and also is able to show both sides to the story, but mostly aiming in the defense of Poncelet.

The storyline and cast led to the phenomenal performance, and you too can witness it on Friday and Saturday evening at 7:00 pm.  Tickets are $5.00 each, or free with ASB so come and support your school’s aspiring actors before the show closes.

By: Nick Bartlett