Ripon Vs. Escalon Track

On April 29 Ripon faced Escalon on the Engel Field Track. It was tough meet for everyone. Everyone tried their hardest and did their absolute best. Every event was a close call. Although Ripon fell behind Escalon by just a few points, Ripon still took home a few victories.

First we’ll start off with the boys.  Hitting the track, Caleb McCusker finished first in the 100m dash with a time of 11.83 seconds. After the run all Caleb had to say was “Long live the B.” Needless to say he had a good triumph. In the 4x100m boys relay, ripon high’s team came in first with a time of 47.06 seconds. The team runners were, Jose Munoz, Caleb McCusker, Brandon Roma, and Brent White. Meanwhile, on the field, KJ Martinez was busy throwing a shotput 34’9 feet. Flying high at the triple jump event was Brent White with a jump of 40’9!

The lady Indians had an impressive day on the track as well. Taylor Werner left the lady Cougars in the dust with a time of 49.32 seconds in the 300m hurdles. In the 400m dash Kayla Jaklich placed second with a time of 65 seconds. Victoria White placed first in shotput with a distance of 26’8 feet.

The Indians did their best and should be proud of each and every athlete in every event.