Looking Towards the Future: College Spirit Day takes place at Ripon High School.

img_8703

Ripon High School students look ahead at their bright futures by wearing their favorite college gear on Wednesday this past week.

In an effort to encourage college attendance, as well as school spirit, this dress day is put on by Mrs. Mortensen and the counseling office. The dress up spirit day happens every month to provide the students with many opportunities to join the tribe.

“Every first Wednesday of the month,” Mr. Morenzone, a counselor at Ripon High School, said in response to a question regarding the frequency of the event.

The students, as well as faculty, have this great opportunity made available to them every month. This opportunity allows them to show their school spirit in a simple way.

“It’s fun,” said Megan Johnson, a Junior, about the dress-up day this past Wednesday. “An easy way to show school spirit.”

Not only does this event allow you to get excited about the plethora of college options you can attend, it is also a very simple way to show school spirit. Joining the tribe here at Ripon High is a big part of being a student and faculty member. Dress up days like this one give you an easy option to get involved. They are not just for the students; faculty and administration members are able to take part in the events as well.

“College spirit dress-up day reminds students that college is next for some and available to all,” said Mr. Kissee, a new math teacher this year.

College is an experience that everyone has the capabilities to enjoy. Due to this dress-up day, the students can see the many options they have when selecting which one they may like to attend.

“I believe that college spirit day is a great dress-up day for Ripon High,” said Madison Clark, a junior at Ripon High, “because it helps us see all the different college options that are out there, and it gives us new insight into how other students experience education.”