Homecoming Royalty Revealed

There are ten deserving and qualified homecoming court candidates at Ripon High School this 2016-2017 year. The candidates are Morgan Brown, Luis Candido, Melissa DaRosa, Bryce Kinsey, Myles Kinsey, Lauren Wiebe, Jack Nelson, Jennica Baldwin, Zach Hansen, and Gianna Dodgion.

One of the homecoming princes is Zach Hansen. Zach Hansen is known for his nice and kind personality. When asked how it feels to be on homecoming court, he replied, “Being on the homecoming court is very fun and a great opportunity.”

Zach is very grateful for being given this chance. He also expressed how he feels about the other candidates. He said, “I like being on homecoming court with great people who are also my friends.”

Some candidates may have expected or worked toward being a prince or a princess. When asked if he expected to be on homecoming court, Zach replied, “I never thought I’d be up here because I have not been in Ripon my entire life, but I am excited now that I am up here.”

Zach Hansen believes all the candidates are deserving to be in homecoming court. When Zach was asked what quality he has that makes him deserving, he replied, “I have always done a good job being nice to people.”

Zach Hansen’s homecoming rally speech was commendable as well. Students at Ripon High School appreciated and liked the love Zach displayed for his family, especially his mother. “If I become Homecoming King, I can just see my mom sitting over there, watching, and her smile getting even bigger.”

One of the homecoming princesses is Morgan Brown. Morgan is also another friendly and kind face seen at RHS. Morgan said, “It is very exciting to be on homecoming court. I feel honored to be chosen to represent the school. It feels like a movie because it is so special.”

Morgan feels really happy that she was one of the five princesses voted to be on homecoming court. When Morgan was asked if being a homecoming princess is something she worked toward, she replied, “Being on homecoming court is something I’ve wanted but didn’t expect it because I have not lived in Ripon my whole life.”

Morgan believes she deserves to be on homecoming court because, “I think I’ve been nice to the student body, tried to be encouraging and a positive influence, and I also think it is important to be active in your school.”

Students also liked Morgan Brown’s energetic and positive speech. “I am stoked for this opportunity because of the royalty. Thanks for letting me play princess.”file_000