Everyone On Board: RUSD Meeting

A Ripon Unified School Board Meeting was held at City Hall on October 10, 2016.
The meeting discussed several recent activities that have taken place in the district’s high school as well as the elementary schools. Claire Weaver sat with the board to discuss the success of Ripon’s homecoming week including the high school’s spirit days, the parade, and the involvement of the elementary schools in the event.
During the board meeting, an eulogy was given for two members of Ripon Unified School District (RUSD) whom recently passed away. A speech was given by teacher Mrs. Phelps regarding Mary Lou Kahl and her contributions not only to her school as an administrator, but also addressed the noble character of Mary Lou Khal towards others and her students. Mr. Rango spoke on behalf of Colonel Dunn who recently lost his life to cancer, his emotional speech included details of the positive impact Colonel Dunn had on his students and those around him at Ripon High School.
The board introduced Stacy Johnson, the newest member of RUSD’s human resource department.
Several reports regarding the variety of recent surveys given to students, teachers, and parents in the Ripon community were presented and discussed among the board. Kathy Coleman presented information and statistics from the recent LCAP survey.
The bleachers at RHS are being invested in to create a better stadium at the high school. The fitness education program in the elementary schools of Ripon was analyzed by the board and the community to discuss how this improved the well being and health of the city’s youth and how they had performed on the recent physical education test according to school.
The board passed several motions and approved propositions in the best interest of the students and community at the board meeting. Ripon members are working to bring the best to the community.