Game Set Match

Looking for something to do this winter and spring? Join the AAU Tennis Club!

It starts in September and is a year program. This club teaches you all the skills you need to know about tennis. Practice is on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 3:30 to 4:30. The two coaches, Coach Mayfield and Coach Montalvo, are there to help you excel in tennis.

There are about 15-20 members in this club. All the members do a variety of things. Some activities the AAU Tennis Club partake in are learning how to hit the ball correctly or how to perfect your grip on a tennis racket. People may think tennis is easy, but it’s not as easy as everyone thinks.

The AAU Tennis Club exists to get students involved and to teach young athletes how to compete in tennis. After learning how to play tennis through the AAU Club, students are encouraged to try out for the RHS Tennis Team in the spring.

“It’s so fun teaching the basic moves in tennis,” says Coach Mayfield.

Members in this club would highly suggest you join, it’s not like any typical sports practice. Athletes laugh and enjoy their time in the AAU Tennis Club. The two hours of practice goes by so fast when you’re learning new things and enjoying your time.