Striving for Another Title

Ripon High School girl’s basketball is making a comeback again this year. Tryouts for all girls interested are 5:30-7:30 starting November 7. Head coach, Interbitzen, is hoping for a great season and to improve on techniques, defense, and overall basketball skills.

Coach Guzman, who coaches the defending TVL champs for freshman, said, “This year’s sophomore girl’s team will be very athletic and we will have some size with new players coming out-as frosh we had a great year overall, even though we only had 4 TVL matches, but my goals and expectations are to work hard and have fun and win TVL…again!”

Many players are coming out for the team, but only a handful will be accepted. The coaches are looking for hard work, determination, and overall performance. Nimrit Hayer said, “I’m really excited for being with all my friends this season. As a team, a goal would be working together as a team to win all of the games and learn.” Many former players agreed that playing basketball at Ripon High is a great experience because of the fun involved with the coaches, but also the determination and competitiveness to win. The coaches encourage all who are willing to work hard, and have a passion for basketball, to come out and try for the team.           Image result for basketball