Thanksgiving Celebration

Thanksgiving Break is just around the corner! Thanksgiving is the time to give thanks for the blessings we all have.

Thanksgiving was traditionally a religious and cultural celebration. The first ever Thanksgiving was in 1621 and lasted for 3 days.

Today it is celebrated by many people in Canada and the United States regardless of their beliefs. In Canada, Thanksgiving is celebrated on the Second Monday in October, while the United States celebrates it on the Fourth Thursday in November.

About 91% of Americans eat turkey on Thanksgiving Day. Turkey is the traditional dish for the Thanksgiving feast. An estimated 50% of Americans put the stuffing inside the Turkey.

At Ripon High break is November 18-25. Most of the students have plans to hang out with their families and catch up on everything. A lot of the students are doing different things this break.

“I am so excited to see my family members and get to talk about everything that has happened,” said Shaista A.

Everyone is always looking forward to eating great food and getting to see family or friends whom they never see.

“My favorite part of Thanksgiving has to be sitting around the table and eating with all my family and friends,” said Avery T.