Guide to the Golden Globes

Unforgetful memories were made Sunday, January 8, as actors and actresses from around the globe gathered to celebrate the achievements made in the world of film. From the director of La La Land to the famous actress Meryl Streep, the world watched and joined in on the celebration of their accomplishments.

The movie La La Land swept the show by finishing the night off with an astounding 7 Golden Globes. These awards involved Best Actor and Actress, Best Director, Best Musical, Best Original Score, and Best Screenplay of a Motion Picture. The audience was stunned as the major motion picture swept the Golden Globes.

The night almost went off without a hitch, but had a few errors. The new drama Hidden Fences got mixed up with the name “Hidden Figures” throughout the whole show. Many famous celebrities got nervous in their speeches and mixed up words like Natalie Morales, who said “transgender” instead of “transparent.” Others include getting Jessica Biel and Jessica Alba mixed up and stumbling on phrases and jokes.

Meryl Streep, winner of the Lifetime Achievement Award, delivered a political speech on behalf of Hillary Clinton against Donald Trump.

“This instinct to humiliate, when it’s modeled by someone in the public platform, by someone powerful, it filters down into everybody’s life, because it kinda gives permission for other people to do the same thing,” she said. “Disrespect invites disrespect, violence invited violence, and when the powerful use their position to bully others, we all lose.”

After her speech, social media exploded with comments supporting her speech, but also contradicting it. Most of all, Streep has achieved the ultimate success with over 50 movies and more awards than any actress in the world.
Overall, the Golden Globe awards made history and the news is still buzzing for the record shattering 7 Golden Globes La La Land achieved. Get your popcorn ready, it’s time to watch the winners of the 2017 Globe Globe Categories.

Image result for meryl streep speech golden globes