TVL takes on MLL

On Tuesday, March 14, the top two teams in the TVL, Trans-Valley League, and the MLL, Mother Lode League, faced off in a league meet at Riverbank High School. Several teams from both leagues including Ripon, Hilmar, Modesto Christian, Sonora, Summerville and Calaveras attended.

Ripon High School athletes took first place in three events. Amanda Evans took first place in the 200 meters, setting a new personal record of 27.01h. Roland Davis took first place in the 110 meter hurdles, with a new personal record of 16.16h. Sarah Thompson took first in the long jump, also setting a new personal record of 16-04.5.

Roland Davis stated, “I felt really happy about taking first, it also felt good to set a new record for myself.” When asked about he had felt about his success at the meet.

Ripon High also succeeded in numerous other events. Bradley Morrow took third in the 100 meters. Kayla Jacklich and Jack Nelson both placed third in the 400 meter. Dylan Sexton placed third in 300 meter hurdles. Ripon’s 4×100 relay team also took second. The team consisted of Bradley Morrow, Jack Nelson, Roland Davis, and Rio Villalobos. Girls also placed second in the 4×400 relay with a team made up by Amanda Evans, Taylor Werner, Kayla Jacklich, and Sarah Thompson.

Varsity Girls ended with a score of 240.48 and took first place. Varsity Boys had similar success but took fourth place with 189.24 points. Calaveras boys placed first with 301 points.

Ripon High School will compete at the San Joaquin County Meet on Friday, March 17, at Tracy High School.