Ty Wells: Making a Splash!

One of Ripon High’s most skilled swimmers, Ty Wells, is making a big impact on the 2017 swim season. From being an accomplished student to swimming it all out in the pool, Wells has smashed records, achieved many awards, and is well-known to his competitors in the pool.

Ty’s main position is the 100 fly, but also exceeds greatly in the 100 Breast. This year, Ty Wells is in the running for two league champion titles as well as a San Joaquin section title. He also has high hopes that he will be able to achieve the CIF title, one of the highest titles you can attain.

The 6’3”swimming star stated, “The best part of being on the swim team is just being with my friends and having a great group of people and good friends to help me get through the rough hours of getting up in the morning.”

Wells also thinks that the bus rides and listening to music are his favorite part of being on the swim team, other than doing what he loves in the pool. “All of our hanging out time and cheering eachother on during a close race is always fun,” stated Wells.

Although Wells is all fun and games when it comes to having a great time with his team, he also enjoys the thrill of being able to compete. “I’d have to say I learned a lot about myself when I’m competing and I learned how to be self-improving. I met a lot of friends from Ripon along the way. By competing, I met people from Manteca, the Bay Area, and even Los Angeles.” Ripon High School is cheering on Ty with excitement as he continues to shatter records during this swimming season.Image result for ty wells ripon high school swim