8th Grade Day

The 8th grades from every elementary school in the district gathered together at Ripon High School for the annual 8th grade day on March 7th.  It was a very different experience for the younger students, but this event helped them to feel more comfortable for their upcoming year at Ripon High.

The day began at the north gym, where the 8th graders were applauded while entering the gym.  The elementary students were separated into groups and were taken to visit JROTC, FFA, and were able to be informed on which classes they should be enrolled in next year.  After that, the entire school gathered together for a BBQ.  To end 8th grade day, the students were taken on a tour of the school and the different classrooms.

An 8th grader, Bennie Dimas said, “One thing that I learned at 8th grade day was about the clubs, athletics, and the electives that were provided.”  The young students were very eager to learn about what the campus looked like and what the school had in store for them.

Another 8th grader, Kylie Wolf said, “It was beneficial because I know where a lot of the classes are, what classes I should take, and what each class consists of,”  This day was very helpful for the students who didn’t have a good idea of what they wanted their class schedules to look like.  
    8th Grade Day is an annual event that is ran by the students involved in Link Crew.  This event is very beneficial for the students to learn what classes to take and to feel more comfortable for when they enter their first day at Ripon High.  Although this day is dedicated to the 8th graders, it is also helpful for the members involved in Link Crew as well.  It gives them a chance to meet a few of the upcoming freshman and make them feel more welcome.