Zach Hansen: Salutatorian Senior Profile

Zach Hansen is the Salutatorian of the graduating class of 2017, and he has put in a lot of work to receive this recognition. Hansen took multiple AP classes to raise his GPA and become the Salutatorian.

Because of all of the hard work Hansen put in during high school, he has a bright future ahead of him. Hansen plans on, “going to UC Irvine and studying engineering.” Because of his academic achievements, Hansen feels he is capable of studying engineering.

Hansen took this decision after taking many things into consideration. He said, “I picked UC Irvine because I like that area. I also took a visit, and the campus is really nice.” Hansen also took the decision of studying engineering at UC Irvine.

He said, “Math and science is something I do well in, and engineers also make a good amount of money.” While preparing for his upcoming years, Hansen will also remember his favorite moments of his senior year.

When asked what his favorite moments of this year were, Hansen said, “Being on Homecoming court and winning Prom king were some of my favorite moments. I liked being on Homecoming court because I got to be on Homecoming with my friends and also got to be out there at Powderpuff and give a speech. It was also fun being in the parade.”

Hansen had many memorable moments and will also miss Ripon High School and Ripon. He said, “I will miss my friends and the sense of community. I will miss having everyone so close.”

Zach Hansen had to get through four challenging years to receive the title of Salutatorian. He also had inspirations to inspire him to always strive to do better.

When asked who inspired him, Hansen said, “My parents inspired me because they push me to do my best and have always supported me.”

Hansen did his best and always worked hard to get to where he is, and he plans on continuing to work hard at UC Irvine. Even though it has been hard to get to being Salutatorian, Hansen is proud of his hard work. “It was a long way coming, and I had to take a lot of AP classes. It was worth it.” Good luck to our Salutatorian Zach Hansen!