The start of a great year at the World’s Greatest High school

The first full week at Ripon High School, jumps straight into the spirit of Ripon Indian Pride and involvement.

Principal Keith Rangel, constantly emphasizes the idea that RHS is the “World’s Greatest High school”, and spirit, as well as involvement, is said to be a major part of a successful student body. .”

Club Rush week is a way to start off the school year.  Each day of the week is a dress up day representing a club on campus. For example, the dress up days on Monday were Sports day/ Green. Followed up with Culture day/ Orange. Than JROTC/ Blueday and FFA/ Yellow. The final day being Red and White/ Neon Day!

The week ends with the school BBQ during lunch and later that night with the back to school dance.

Students can sign up for clubs during the extended lunch period in depending on what interests them. Will Sanford says, “ Signing up for clubs is the best thing to do, I joined 12 this year and will plan to join more!”

More and more clubs get added each year allowing each student to choose one where they feel they will fit in best.

Involvement is encouraged, in hopes that students will find themselves enjoying school activities such as dances, clubs, sporting events, etc. As the school year begins, spirits are high and even teachers determined to be dressed up and spirited like their students.  This is a week, where Ripon students set the tone for the upcoming school year among st getting involved and finding their school pride.