Girls Golf Defeats Sonora

In a close match against Sonora, Ripon High’s girls golf team came out on top, beating them 233-238 on September 26 at Mountain Springs golf course.

“Sonora was a rough match. I didn’t shoot very well but our team still came out with a win so we were really excited.” said sophomore, Kassidy Isham, who had the lowest score for Ripon with a 57.

Sophomore Myra Toledo shot a 58, while sophomore, Bianca Toledo shot a 59 as well as senior, Emily Harris.

“We didn’t play our best against Sonora, it was a difficult course with hills, water and out of bounds on most of the holes. We got the victory though and that was important, since there are only four more regular matches left in the season” said coach, Eric Dambrosio.

Although the girls were able to pull through the end with a win, their coach stated that they still have some things to work on in order to execute their skills throughout the remainder of the season.

“We need to improve around the greens. Putting, chipping and pitching are all areas that the girls need to focus and improve on. These three areas are where we will be able to improve our scoring” said Dambrosio.

Ripon High is now (4-4)  and their next match will be at Phoenix Lakes golf course in Sonora.