Crossing TVL Off the List

The TVL Cross Country meet in Modesto was a success for Ripon. With Ripon High’s JV and Varsity girls taking second place out of the six teams they

“I know we could all improve more with some hard work,” said Gianna Brocchini, a female JV runner.

The meet, which ran on September 27th, in Modesto, was “hot, dry, and long” stated Aiko DeArth, a varsity runner. The home stretch had long grass which was hard to run on, making the start of the course difficult for some runners. Throughout the rest of the course, it was smooth with lots of flat cement and some dirt according to runners.

Kayla Jacklich was the fastest girl varsity runner for Ripon with a time of 20:48. As for the girls on JV, Jolie Delisle earned a time of 15:23. The girls were successful, with the JV boys taking fourth and the Varsity claiming the thirteenth spot.

Ripon High will be attending sections in a few weeks with the hope to place well. This will lead them to section finals on November 10. If the team places in the top three for section finals, you will be sure to find them ready for state.