Main Street Day

Main Street Day is held on the third Saturday of every October each year. This year it was on October 21. Main Street Day lets the town meet and connect with each other.

“Its pretty much always a good year,” said Steve Wolf, a local passerby.

Many people who go to Main Street Day have high expectations and are happy to see it be successful. Many people who go and enjoy it will go year after year and be looking forward to next year.

“This is, I think, my fourth time to this particular show,” said Jim Wing, owner of a 1941 Ford Truck at the car show.

The Main street day car show had cars as old as a 1923 Ford T-Bucket to cars build in the last few years. The car show has reached new heights and is expected to grow.

“I think, you’ve got more entries this year than ever, that I can remember.” Jim Wing, owner of a 1941 Ford Truck.

The entire event has gotten larger compared to years past and some people use that to spread the word of themselves. Some people had raffles with lots of prizes, some passed out fliers, and some people were selling items to earn money.

“At first it was a little bit slow, but it’s been pretty steady ever since,” said Ana Cover, representing a nursery for plants nearby.

Ana Cover’s booth was not selling anything, but had the idea to give away two six inch flower tubs in a drawing. Another booth, occupied by Ripon High School’s JROTC  was raising money for themselves. They had a wheel that you could spin for 25 cents and have a chance at candy. The group sold  tickets for their crab feed for 50 dollars a person. The Jrotc crab feed is an all you can eat buffet. There was way to earn a ticket for only one dollar by guessing how many pieces of candy corn were in a giant novelty light bulb with the winner receiving a ticket.

“This is our second annual crab feed.” said Karlos Marques, a senior at Ripon High School.

Many people focused on getting recognized by the community over selling anything. The weather was nice and inviting for people to come and talk to one another and businesses in their own town.

“This is more just to meet people and get to know the people in the community and get our name out there.” said Samantha Vigil, at Steve’s Mobile Security.