One Tribe: Track Star, Laila Irigoyen

Laila Irigoyen is currently a sophomore at Ripon High School. She is best known for being very energetic, creative, and entertaining. She loves to run, dance and take pictures as an outlet to release her endless energy and to capture her memories. Irigoyen is also involved with many of the clubs and sports here at RHS.

“At RHS I’ve been doing Varsity track, cross country, Link Crew[.]I was Outreach Commissioner this year and I’ll be president of United next year. I’m in Pride Tribe, Renaissance, Science Olympiad, CSF, Leadership this year and next and Bug Club,”Sophomore Irigoyen stated.

Though it is only her second year at RHS, Laila has influenced RHS in many way; and along the way has met new people and has made many exciting memories.  

“I think I’ve influenced RHS with my positivity. I always try to say “Hi” to people when I see them and ask how they’re doing. I’ve always appreciated people going out of their way to do something nice for me and I try to do that in return,” Irigoyen answered.

When asked what her favorite memory was so far at RHS, she stated that it was the Homecoming Night Rally that was hosted in the beginning of this year. She made many memories with her link crew friends and was glad to see her dedication and hard work towards Homecoming to be payed off.

“The more activities I do at RHS, the more amazing people I meet and the more my love for the school grows. I do my best to be a good role model and represent RHS positively”

— Laila Irigoyen

“The more activities I do at RHS, the more amazing people I meet and the more my love for the school grows. I do my best to be a good role model and represent RHS positively,” Irigoyen stated.

Irigoyen advices the freshmen and any student at RHS to be yourself and to get involved; high school will only be as fun as you make it and the more involved you are with school the more you can enjoy it.

“Although high school is a lot of fun it’s also about self discovery. Stay true to who you are and do what makes you happy. You’ll do bad on a couple quizzes, stay up late procrastinating, make mistakes, but it’s not the end of the world. Make the most of your four years and live in the present…,” Irigoyen stated.