Winterfest Kickoff!

It feels pretty good knowing out of every other guy in my class, they voted for me.

— Colin Speed

On January 10th, Ripon High kicked off their Winterfest spirit week with a rally and elected the Winterfest court. On freshman court, Emiliano Acosta and Brianna Alvarez were elected with the theme of Space Jam.

“I feel really excited. It’s super fun and it’s been a fun experience this week,” Alvarez said. 

On sophomore court, Colin Speed and Naomi Wilbur were elected with the theme of Fantasia or Disney.

“It feels pretty good knowing out of every other guy in my class, they voted for me,” Speed said. 

On junior court, Austin Bonilla and Nikki Nguyen were elected with the theme of The Great Gatsby. On senior court, Jeremiah Willey and Eleanor Tran with the theme of Grease. 

For spirit, freshman came in 4th, sophomores in 3rd, seniors in 2nd, and juniors in 1st.

“My favorite part of the rally was when they announced the themes and everyone dressed up,” Freshman Geneisis Romero said.

With the fun activities the rally had, the spirit seemed to be the thing that caught eyes. It was also shown in the way people cheered when people were elected and through the week seeing people dress up.

“I love spirit days so much it’s crazy. I have an entire closet devoted to spirit days,” Brianna Alvarez said. 

The shopping carts also seemed to be a huge win. Every class decorated their own shopping cart. 

“My favorite was the Space Jam shopping cart because it’s one of my favorite movies,” Acosta said.

Overall, the Winterfest rally was filled with excitement and fun activities.