Preferred Periods

Preferred Periods

At Ripon High we all have classes we like better than others. Some might prefer the more basic subject, while some prefer more diverse and new classes. Whether the teacher or the teachings we all have a reason for liking those one or two classes. It could be an understanding that connects you, or possibly a passion for the subject. It may be a teacher who is kind or their teaching methods. There are many and multiple reasons people are attached to a class.

“It would have to be biology (favorite subject), because it’s just fun to learn about the human body and how it functions and keeps us healthy,”said Logan Gillespie, seinor.

An interest in a subject makes it much easier to learn! Students can see they are scoring higher on tests or getting good grades when they enjoy a subject. They can find themselves digging into the topic like a hobby! It’s hard to procrastinate on assignments when you have both understanding and enjoyment in a subject.

“My favorite subject is english honors, because the teachers really funny. I dunno, it’s just fun!” said Jaya Chandar, sophomore.

Sometimes the subject isn’t what you truly enjoy about the class. Maybe it’s the teacher, especially if it’s a subject you usually don’t understand. The way a teacher interacts with their students can help a student become interested in a subject and the ability to be proficient in it. Even if you still have no desire for the subject, a good grade could help you get through it.

“Last year my favorite subject was Spanish, and this year it’s world history,” said Todd Medieros, sophomore.

Whether a sudden change in understanding and appreciation, or possibly a change in teacher, favorite subjects change all the time. Some subjects are generally just more fun and easy for people. Some subjects are more interesting and challenging for students. Students get a new schedule every year, always with new classes! It might take a while to warm up to class as well. Opinions on some subjects always change as time goes on, and that’s alright! 

[sno-poll id=”13460″ result_color=”#bf0d0d” tile_color=”#ffffff” align=”left” background=”on” background_color=”” border=”all” border_color=”#888888″ border_size=”1px” shadow=”on”]