Spotlight on Musse

Ripon High is filled with many intelligent students and staff members, although Christopher Musseman, teaching at Ripon High for 21 years, continues to be a favorite teacher of many. His experience and dedication to teaching has made him a great model to his students.  

Musseman describes himself as honest when teaching and communicating with his students. His work ethic has helped many students improve their writing and comprehension abilities. 

“True leadership in a classroom is a student who communicates, listens, and works as a group in the classroom,” stated Musseman. 

He recommends for students who are struggling to keep their grades up to just ask for help. Especially in highschool, asking questions and reaching out to your teachers is key. Understanding a new lesson or class in school helps guarantee a good grade, and reaching out to a teacher or tutor will help you pass and achieve a better understanding. 

As a side activity, Musseman also has helped coach the Ripon High Football Team. He assisted the team during up’s and lows, to which he also created a special family bond with our Ripon players today. He was a help in leading our Ripon Chiefs to a rather successful and enjoyable season for our players. 

“If you believe it, you can achieve it,” stated Musseman. 

He claims this quote as his favorite personal motto, a beautiful piece of advice. As true as it may be, a positive attitude and  mindset is always promised to achieve a successful outcome. Working more efficiently towards a desired goal is only pushing you closer towards success. 

As an English teacher, his job is to help better the lives of Ripon High students and give them a fun learning experience. Musseman will continue to coach and instruct his students as an influential staff member for many years to come.