New Year, New Classes!

Starting in fall of 2022, Ripon High school is offering some new courses to their students! Students will have the opportunity to take both Ceramics and JROTC Marksmanship. 

In order to graduate from Ripon High school, students must complete one year of art. We currently have 10 different art classes available at RHS, but students are very excited about the recent news of gaining another one. 

Although it is not confirmed which teacher will take on this course, or even how many periods they will be holding, Ceramics is being offered at Ripon High and students from all grade levels are crossing fingers they will be accepted into the class. 

Ceramics is an art in which an individual uses clay, or some sort of material to form things like cups, mugs, vases, and so much more! Students will heat up the material and bring their imaginations to life!

Another course being offered this next year will be one in the JROTC (Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps) program. This class is Competitive Marksmanship. This class is being offered to grades 9-12, and is a 0 period class, just like JROTC Drill. Before joining, students must pass CMP and Cadet Command requirements, and be academically eligible.

Competitive Marksmanship is a general education course. It is a target shooting sport, where individuals compete by learning to hit targets consistently and accurately, and traveling to competitions to display these skills. 

[sno-poll id=”13725″ result_color=”#bf0d0d” tile_color=”#ffffff” align=”left” background=”on” background_color=”#ffffff” border=”all” border_color=”#888888″ border_size=”5px” shadow=”on”]Ballots are being turned in, and classes are filling up, so don’t wait! Make sure you consider these new courses for the 2022-2023 school year!