Seniors Final Words

I had the opportunity to walk around and have one-on-one conversations with six amazing seniors. Emma Lewis, Darian Van Der Maaten, Mackenzie Sweetin, Nick Sharp, Jordan Satterlee, and Evan Costa. Basically about what their going to miss about the Ripon High, their memorable year, what their plan is, and their advice to others. Each and every one of them had different things to say. Emma Lewis mentioned she wants to become a pediatrician and help the privilege and the unprivileged people in need. She says, “I’m going to miss the ability to be crazy and childish because after this year we all kind of have to grow up”. She will also remember her freshman year because she was the only girl who made section finals on the swim team. Emma’s advice to others is, “Be spirited, have fun, the years go by fast”.  Now Darian Van Der Maaten plans to go to UC San Diego. She says that she will miss the dances, football games, saying “hi” to random people, and just being involved. Her advice is, ” Be yourself and don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t do something. Be different because in ten years you wont remember any of these people and hard work pays off”. Mackenzie Sweetin wants to go to San Francisco to presume a career in fashion. Something that Mackenzie will miss is the small community and how everyone knew everyone. As well  as the football games and being spirited. Her advice, “Be yourself, don’t worry what others say”. Nick Sharp; now he is a man who is ready! He plans to go to college and his main priorities is golf and one day becoming a father. Business is also in his interest. He’ll miss all the teachers that really cared  and supported him through times. Nick’s junior year was his memorable year because he grew and found out who he was. His advice, “Be humble, stick to your own, find out what you want to do, and be you”. Jordan Satterlee plans to make a clothing line company and is ready to leave high school. But he will miss  his “boyz” and the football games. His advice, “Do good your freshman year and don’t fall behind”.  Lastly, Evan Costa plans to be in the air force and later in life a firefighter.  Evan will miss seeing his friends and playing sports. His junior year was the best because they did GREAT  in football. His advice, “Enjoy the time you have it goes by fast.”

Senior year just isn’t just a wake up call its also a surprise  call because believe it or not the time does go by fast and there’s just simply no time anymore. Choose your time wisely, you can either wait on that time and experience it on your own or get the memo and take time serious because it does go by fast. Thank-you Emma Lewis, Darian Van Der Maaten, Mackenzie Sweetin, Nick Sharp, Jordan Satterlee, and Evan Costa for sharing this information I appreciate it! Good luck to you all in the future!

[Nick’s picture was not taken]

IMG_2555[1]IMG_2566[1]

By Jazmine Muratalla