Ace Kyle Hendricks Lead Cubs to World Series

On October 22, 2016, the city of Chicago was ecstatic watching their home team finally gain a spot in the World Series. This has been a moment that many have been waiting for, and it finally happened, 71 years later. The Cubs have not won a World Series since 1908, but haven’t even made it since 1945, the longest drought in the MLB. The Cubs and the city of Chicago were very confident going into Game 6 with a 3-2 lead in the NLCS Series. Cubs ace pitcher, Kyle Hendricks, floated his way through 7 innings. Throwing 82 pitches, with 54 of those strikes, striking out 6 batters. “Kyle pitched a perfect game,” Dodgers Manager Dave Roberts said. Hendricks gave up a single to outfielder, Josh Reddick and Cubs Manager Joe Maddon removed him from the game. The crowd of 42,000 people gave Hendricks a standing ovation, cheering with joy. “The outside forces felt different,” Hendricks said, “You felt the buzz around the stadium, definitely the energy. It was loud in there. But, at the end of the day, I didn’t feel much different. All I was trying to do was simplify and make good pitches.” The Cubs went on to win Game 6 5-0 against the Los Angeles Dodgers, clinching a spot in the World Series. The Cubs will go on to play the second longest World Series drought team, the Cleveland Indians, starting on Tuesday, October 25 in Cleveland, Ohio. chicago_cubs_logo-svg