Raiders Defeat Broncos In Crucial Game

3-Derek Carr is throwing 65.9% completion rate and he is averaging 258.3 yards per game. He has thrown 13 touchdowns with 3 interceptions. After many years of the Raiders not coming close to the playoffs Carr is finally making chance at it. The Raiders are currently 7-2. Michael Crabtree the starting wide receiver on the Raiders says, “Derek has definitely helped our team. He’s really helping show the NFL what we are made for.”

On Sunday, November 6, 2016, the (6-2) Oakland Raiders and the (6-2) Denver Broncos battled it out at the O.Co Coliseum in Oakland, California. The Raiders and Broncos have been division rivals for many years, but this year is special. The Raiders are off to their best start since 2002, going into the game with a 6-2 record, and a strong team overall. The Broncos are off to a good start since they won the Super Bowl last year against the Carolina Panthers. They’re both tied for first in the AFC Western Division, and with a win from Kansas City, that puts it at a three way tie. It was a crucial game for both teams, whoever won would take first place, and whoever lost would be third in the division. The game started out great for the Raiders defense, keeping the Broncos from even going past the 50 yard line. “ It was huge in that first half,” wide receiver Andre Holmes said about the defensive effort. “I think it was the second quarter, it was like the third or fourth drive, and Denver still only had like 14 total yards. That’s huge for us to go out there and create a lead. We definitely could have created a bigger lead.” The Raiders finished the first quarter with 6 points, coming from two field goals. At halftime, the Raiders lead 14-10, which the Broncos could easily get back. Neither team scored the entire third quarter, but the Raiders sealed the deal in the fourth quarter with 10 points, winning the game 30-20 and taking first place in the division.

120615-nfl-oakland-raiders-derek-carr-pi-vadapt-767-high-0