Preseason Boys Soccer

Boys soccer has had a big increase in players since the sport has been changed to winter. Close to 70 people signed up, which is twenty more than the previous year.  Alberto Perez said, “This year is going to be tough, there is a lot of competition.” Those who desire to play soccer will have to strive for greatness in order to achieve a spot on the team.

Conditioning is approaching its second week for the boys.  The conditioning goes from 5:30 to 7:15 p.m. everyday at Stouffer Park to prepare the boys for tryouts. Tryouts start November 7 for all those who are interested in playing soccer.

The coaches will only be accepting 20 players for JV and another 20 for Varsity. The amount of work, effort, and determination expected from the coaches is substantial. If desiring to play, make sure to tackle the tryouts with the right mind and effort to do extreme work.

As Ripon High has a lot of boys striving to be on the team, the outcome may involve the team being a very tough opponent to beat. Manuel Ponce said, “We got a lot more people coming out this year, we got a better chance than last year.” Soccer is one of the most watched sports at Ripon High and many are putting in their all to make this season a great one.

images