Ripon High Advances in Water Polo

img_0267

Football players are tough. Swimmers are in great shape. Basketball players are among the most athletic; however water polo players, need all the skills.

If you aren’t up-to-date with water polo, here is some information. Water polo is a combination of swimming, basketball, and football, and it’s played in 13 feet of water with lots of kicking, dunking, and splashing.

On October 20,2016, Ripon High took the win over Bret Harte with the score ending 22-13. Nick Ganon took the run of the game, who plays hole set, with 10 scoring points for Ripon. Noah Esenwein, who plays any position, scoring 5 ,Ty Wells, who plays hole set, scoring 4, Diego Moreno, who plays hole defense, scoring 2, and Maika West, who plays utility, scoring 1. The next game is against Kimball on October 25, 2016 at 5 p.m. at Kimball.

“We struggled when they just shot a ton on our goalie and our defense wasn’t the best but when we stayed with it and kept scoring on them we ended the game with a win,” said Noah Esenwein.

“We won, I think it went okay, could have played better defensively but overall it was a good game. That game solidified us of being in the playoffs so it was a good win plus being senior night, proud of the boys on how they played,” said Coach Erik Zador.