How Not to Go Out of Your Way to Be Nice

With Dude Be Nice week just passing, I felt inspired to make a list of a few of the easiest ways to, simply, be nice.

1. Text someone– Start a game of 8-ball or hit them with the classic “hey” text. You might spark a new relationship with somebody or fix what might have been a lonely night for them.
    2. Compliments- Hand out compliments like a madman. If you see a cute shirt on someone or someone with positivity that just radiates feel free to tell them. What’s the worst that could happen? It’ll brighten up their day and give them a renewed confidence.
    3. Think before you speak!- This one is extremely important. Just remember that something you say could have a lasting effect on someone, in a positive or negative way. If what you’re saying would hurt you if the tables were turned don’t say it. Instead, say something nice. Ex: When you could have said, “That shirt looks like something you pulled out of your great-grandfather’s casket”, you should say, “I can’t believe you have the confidence to wear a shirt like that”.
    4. Smile- Smile at everyone! Smile at your friends, teachers, and even strangers. You didn’t go through the hell of brushing and flossing every night to not show your teeth. Smiles give off a positivity that spreads like Ebola, in turn helping everyone. You are basically solving world hunger at that point.
    5. Chill out- If anybody has ever told you to “take a chill pill” listen to them! This one, mostly, benefits you. Being more chill relieves stress. Stress causes acne, physical pain, sleep problems, hair loss, wrinkles, and even weight gain. Nobody wants anything on that list.
    6. Invite someone into your group- Ever spotted someone looking friendless? Yes, of course you have. Have you ever been friendless? Most likely yes, and if not I envy you. Have you ever done something about it? If you are a naturally nice person, yes. If you aren’t you’ve got this list to assist! Think about how you would feel if someone included you when you were feeling isolated. Be brave and offer to walk with them to lunch. It really might make a huge impact on somebody or give you a new best friend.
    7. Don’t add negativity- The world is going through enough! Refer to step 3! Realize that negativity isn’t helping anything. You are just wasting the time and energy that could be used for GREAT things!

After following all of theses steps you will be an improved person, ready to improve others, that are ready to improve the Cosmos! At that point you can basically categorize yourself with the greats like Gandhi, President Lincoln, and even Kim Kardashian.