JV Boys Soccer vs Manteca

On November 28, JV boy’s Soccer keep the fans nervously waiting as the Indians barely scored out the Manteca High Buffalos. The boys took home the 2-1 win as the mark of the first seasonal game.

Manteca High scored first on freshman goalie Payton Locker, who had been making saves left and right before the score. Ripon High’s very own Isreal Garcia made the killer goal that tied the game.

The score was tied for 10 minutes, both sides playing quality defense and offense. Isreal Garcia then made his second shot of the day from a free kick that was just out of the opponent goalie’s reach.

Ripon’s defense held onto the lead and they ended the game winning 2-1. JV captain, Adrain Sanchez said, “We won, we came out as the underdog against a good team and we worked harder.”  

Ripon High is off to a great start and will hopefully continue this record and improve. William Sanford said, “This is my first year playing and I think we have a good team here”.  The team is going against Gregory next and they are hoping to keep their winning streak alive. images