FC Barcelona Historic Comeback Against PSG

FC Barcelona faced a nearly impossible feat.  In the first leg before the quarterfinals of the Champion’s League, Barcelona was destroyed in a match 4-0 by the team Paris Saint-Germain.  What followed after was arguably the most incredible comeback in Champions League history.

Barcelona did what no one had ever done before.  Come back from a 4-0 lead in the first leg and what a game it was.  Barcelona came out strong and scored two goals in the first half and another early in the second.  Then Paris scored.  All the momentum the team was getting was lost when Edinson Cavani scored in the 62 minute.  However the team wasn’t ready to give up.

In the 88 minute Neymar scored on a penalty kick getting the hopes of the team up.  Then just as extra time started Neymar finds the net again!  The crowd is on their feet now and is looking down on the field with a look of awe.  Then the impossible was made possible when Sergi Roberto made the final goal to put away the game.

After the game Midfielder Ivan Rakitic said to the Telegraph “ the first game in Paris was hard for us, a lot of people spoke hard with our team but the reaction was special.  It is history.  We want to keep going on.  He also compared the comeback to one that happened just a short time before.  “ We had to believe , 4-0 was hard, but this football.  We saw it in the Super Bowl what is possible in sport.  Today was crazy.  This is Barcelona, the best team in the world and we want to continue our dream in the Champion’s league.”