A’s Celebrating 50th Season with Spirit Week

The Oakland Athletics 2017 season is right around the corner, and they want your Giants hats. Yes, the Oakland Athletics are going to give fans a brand new green and gold hat in exchange for their loyalty to the East Bay.

As a part of getting fans excited for Opening Day, the Athletics are trying to get fans to trade in a San Francisco Giants hat for a new Oakland Athletics one. The celebration begins Monday, when the Oakland mayor Libby Schaaf will join A’s fans in raising the team flag above the Oakland City Hall. Later, from 6-9 p.m., A’s fans are welcome to experience the unveiling of an Athletics mural at 19th Street and Webster.

On Tuesday, former A’s players, Bip Roberts and Shooty Babitt will help in hosting a Youth Sports Nation “Play Ball” student assembly at a local elementary school. For all the coffee lovers, they will be treated to a free cup of coffee on the Athletics at the Peet’s Coffee on 1111 Broadway on Wednesday.

Thursday, March 30, includes a BART takeover, with members of the Athletics front office staff expected to join fans on BART to the exhibition game in San Francisco. However, a limited number of A’s fans with a ticket to the exhibition game who join the team at the Coliseum for the ride across the Bay will recieve a free roundtrip BART pass.