Ripon Girls Golf Takes Third

Ripon High School’s girls golf team battled it out at the Mid Year Tournament at Micke Grove on Monday, September 18. Out of the six teams competing, Ripon took third place with a score of 424  behind Bret Harte who took second with a score of 423.  Escalon took first out of the six teams with a score of 399.

Senior, Emily Harris took fifth place overall in the tournament with a 100. Sophomore, Bianca Toledo shot a 101, and her twin sister, Myra, shot a 109.

“I was pretty impressed on how our team did at Micke Grove,” said sophomore, Kassidy Isham. “We are a young team this year so taking third isn’t bad at all.” Isham shot a 114.

The girls coach, Eric Dambrosio was overall impressed with the girls’ performance at the tournament. “The girls played solid in the mid-year tournament. Emily Harris had a good round. We only lost second place by one stroke.”

“We are a young team and are gaining valuable experience and confidence. If each girl improves their short game and scoring average, it will be a successful season,” said Dambrosio.

Ripon will go on to play Linden on September 19.