Boys Join Volleyball Team

The spring sports season has awhile to approach, but male athletes from other sports have decided to commit to play boys’ volleyball this spring.

It seems that the particular group is baseball players, and it might be up to half of the varsity team will be on the volleyball court this spring.

“They’re [athletes] are old enough to make their own decisions, so they should make their own decision,” said Coach Rodriguez regarding the matter about his players deciding to stop playing baseball.

Although the team is going to be affected no matter what, Rodriguez will make do with what they will get.

“Start up from scratch, we’ll see.  Bring up some younger guys, but we’ve got a little while before it.”

Not only are players excited to get this sport going, but students are looking forward to getting to watch from the stands.

“I think they’ll be exhilarating,” sophomore Gianna Brocchini said.  “They’ll be just as fun as girls’ varsity volleyball games, and we’ll have a loud student section.”

Although the boys and girls will be playing the same sport, there will most likely be different dynamics to the game.

“Varsity games will be hype,” said Denver West.  “They’ll definitely be ready for the sober grad game.”