The Work Behind Winterfest.

Homecoming has been one of the highly celebrated events of the year at Ripon High the next being Prom, but one that has only been tried a few times is Winterfest. This year, 2017-18 Ripon High has brought back Winterfest.

Until now several students who have attended Ripon High for most of their years do not know what Winterfest was and what it consisted of. To summarize the celebration, Winterfest is similar to Winter Homecoming at other schools, but instead of the week leading up to a big game, it ends with the annual talent show. This year ASB picked the theme Disney villains.

While Winterfest an exciting new event, there is a lot of business and the preparation that needs to take place in order for it to be worthwhile. 

“During the school week I did spend most of my lunches working on the posters and on the weekend time was spent working on the class cart,” Maria Soto said.

The leadership students had so many things on their plate, which is unusual for this time of the year since winterfest has not been an annual thing at Ripon High. 

The week of Winterfest can be full of stress. Students who have after-school activities and plan to dress up for the days can make the morning a crazy rush.

To add to that, there was also the princess and prince nomination, which was not just for the upperclassmen but for every grade.

The most stress was brought on to the students who were in charge of running and setting up everything for Winterfest and who were also involved in a sport or after-school activity.

“My favorite part was putting up the posters on the window. The gems were such a cute touch!” Maria said after explaining that all the stress had been worthwhile.

Winterfest is a fun new event that allowed students to get represented in the lower grades and brought out school spirit, but beneath all of the excitement, there is a stressful rush that takes place.