Ripon Coaches and Student Athletes Honored at ‘Best of the Record’

Back to Article
Back to Article

From left to right: Nichole Meyer, Aubree Pelon, Breeana Alvarez-Huckell. Kierra Chavez, Deanna Sandoval, and Genevieve Maurice.

Girls’ Soccer Coach, Nichole Meyer, received the Girls’ Coach of the Year at the 2018 All Star Preps Best of the Record award ceremony on Thursday, June 21st by The Stockton Record. Meyer was one of four finalists chosen across San Joaquin, Calaveras, and Amador Counties. Meyer was recognized for leading her team to victory in the CIF Sac-Joaquin Division V Championship and moving on to the Division V Regional Championship.

The girls’ soccer team poses after the ceremony. Back Row (left to right): assistant coach Bryce Perkins, head coach Nichole Meyer, Jeanette Baliel, Kierra Chavez, Aubree Pelon, Kailey Tijero, and Gen Maurice. Front Row (left to right): Deanna Sandoval, Breeana Alvarez-Huckell, Cindy Alvarez, and Megan Johnson

The Ripon High School girls’ soccer team was also one of four finalists for the Girls’ Team of the Year for their post-season run. Forward Devaney Dougherty and Center Midfielder Ariana Scholten were recognized as Best of the Record All-Stars.

RHS baseball player Eric Jaquez, girls’ basketball player Reina Sausedo, softball player Shay Furtado, track and field athlete, Ryan Dagget, boys’ waterpolo player Noah Esenwein, and cross country runner Kayla Jacklich also received Best of the Record All-Star awards. Swimmer Ty Wells was awarded  Boys’ Swimmer of the Year.

Ripon Christian High School baseball player Nolan Lingley and football player Michael Kamps recieved Best of the Record All-Star awards. The Ripon Christian Baseball team was one of four finalists for Boys’ Team of the Year and coach John DeVisser was one of four finalists for Boys’ Coach of the Year.

Those in attendance were served dinner and listened to Los Angeles Rams wide receiver and Stockton native, Brandin Cooks, speak about his journey from high school athlete to professional athlete.