Kickoff to Homecoming

Macie McPeak

Seniors show their spirit during the night rally.

High schoolers flooded in from the gates onto the football field to experience an event that has never taken place at Ripon High School before. On September 13, RHS made history as the first night rally happened.

The night consisted of a spirit contest, games, and a competitive lip sync rally. The expectations were set high for the lip sync battle. It was the rally’s main event and each class performed to their own song. The students created their own choreography and practiced it just to earn points for the most spirited class during homecoming.  

Macie McPeak
Sophomores show their creativity by winning best lip sync in the class competition.

“I expected really, really good lip sync battles which we got in return, “ junior Aubree Pelon said.

By the end of the night, the sophomores won the lip sync battles and the seniors won most spirited as well as the game that took place.

“I thought it was very fun all the spirit that was going around,” sophomore Alexis Brush said.

The football field had yellow, green, orange, and blue covering the side to add to the overall spirit that was already present. Each section would loudly cheer as their class went up to strut their stuff in their best attempt to get the crowd excited.  

Macie McPeak

The night rally was certainly an experience of laughter and spirit for the Ripon High school students. Many hope that the rally next year will occur again with hopes of having a great start to another homecoming.

“I really enjoyed watching everything… It was a good kickoff to homecoming,” senior Abby Pendleton said.