Jumping into the Holidays

As the “Most wonderful time of the year” approaches, Ripon High has a few early birds who love to jump right into the holiday spirit. For some, that happens to be the day after Halloween. If you’re a big fan of Christmas, you and these students may have a few things in common.

Sophomore Sailor Rogers loves to get an early start on her holiday decorating.

“I love to decorate right after halloween because Christmas puts me in such a great mood and the faster I put them up, the longer I get to enjoy them,” Rogers said.

Christmas brings out the traditions in every family, Sailor and her dad, pastor Rex Rogers has a special one of their own.

“I have this nutcracker my grandma got for me, and each night before bed my dad and I have this goodnight thing we do with it, its super strange but it’s something we’ve been doing ever since I was little,” Rogers said.

Sophomore Kelly Nguyen also loves to decorate her room for the holidays.

“My parents usually don’t let me decorate our house until the day after Thanksgiving, so thankfully I at least have my room to decorate. I love buying my decorations from Michaels because they always have everything I need, plus I can use my coupons,” Nguyen said.

Christmas is a time for family, and lots of yummy foods. When asked what they were most excited for, sophomore Natalie Mejia says the delicious food was at the top of her list.

“I love to eat. Tamales, pozole, pan tres leches, basically any and all food,” Mejia said.

Aside from the food aspect of Christmas, Mejia loves the holidays for more special reasons.

“Christmas has always been a very warm, safe holiday for me. Whenever it gets closer I always feel more at peace, it just brings me back to when I was a kid and everything was alright,” Mejia said.

The holidays are special for everyone in different ways and everyone just seems like they can’t wait for the best time of year to roll around.

I just look forward to this time every single year.

— Natalie Mejia

Sailor Rogers festive room