RHS Music

RHS+Music

Let the music take you away! Ripon Highschool has students who listen to music every day at any time of the day. Whether it’s hearing it during passing periods, break, lunch, or even during class, it’s what students love to do. This generation of music has Rock, Pop, Hip-hop, Jazz, etc. Fortunately, old vintage music is coming back to the trend!

“Honestly I’m totally open to all music genres, as long as I can vibe to the song I’ll listen to, but my go-to music genres would definitely have to be Rap or R&B,” said Salvador Guzman, senior.

Students don’t only listen to music during school. Lots of them listen to them while doing homework, going for a run, in the shower, or while sleeping. According to a report from scientists in 2019, smartphones are by far the most popular way teens listen to music. The average hour’s teens listen to music is at least two hours and 5 minutes. Although in 2021 there are hundreds of platforms that are being used for music purposes. Even social media apps are being used for this purpose, such as Tiktok, Instagram, Apple Music, Spotify, Amazon Music, Musi, Pandora, etc.

“I listen to music on average 5-6 hours a day. Most of the time we get permission in class and I just listen to it when doing some homework. Although one of my favorite places to listen to music is when I’m with my friends,” said Ayleen Alcala, junior.

Music is something versatile that can help bring people together in so many ways. Being accessible on a lot of platforms makes it that much easier to incorporate music into your daily lives. It is to agree that music is a vital part of teens’ lives in this generation and within our student body here at RHS. 

“I use Amazon Music since I can just connect my Alexa with it but when I’m driving I usually just use the radio or connect my phone to the car by Bluetooth and just use youtube,” said Javier Cuen, junior.