The Multicultural Club Returns to RHS

Photo Credit: Hailey Williford

The multicultural club is a club where you can show who you truly are. The multicultural club is very effective at showing where people are from or learning about other people’s cultures. The multicultural club is a very engaging club where many students can feel comfortable and talk about their religion, race, sexual orientation, etc.

When it comes to people’s race, religion, sexual orientation, it may be difficult for them to come out and do activities with people who aren’t in their culture. However, with the multicultural club people can feel free to do their cultural activities without feeling isolated. Many people join the club for many different reasons, some may want to talk about their own culture. Some people may want to hear other people’s cultural perspective, or maybe they want to show their culture to the rest of the school. 

Some students may feel uncomfortable about being singled out and doing activities based on their cultures in front of people who they don’t know. However many members feel the opposite; many members were drawn to the club because of the reason of being singled out. This includes junior, Gia Grewal, who stated, “I’m actually Indian so my cultures not really found across campus, so when I heard of multicultural club I really wanted to join it, and share my culture with the rest of the school. So I’m sure that others would love to share their culture or experience other cultures, which is why they can be drawn to this club.” This shows us that many students can show their culture to many people, even if they aren’t a part of their culture.

Some people may think that they can’t join the multicultural club because they don’t know much about their culture or their culture is seen frequently around the school. However, people can still join the club despite that fact. In fact many people who join the club in order to get a sense of awareness towards other people’s cultures. The club also does more than just help people learn about people’s diversity, it also helps people learn important skills they will need in life. Those skills include leadership among their peers and teamwork.

The multicultural club is a club that many people should take a look at. It can help students see things from someone else’s perspective, and help people show their culture around the school. The club can help bring a sense of unity around the school by celebrating people’s diversity. If you are interested in joining this club, it’s a great experience where you’ll meet many new people and learn many more valuable things.