Introducing Maria Ruiz Medina

This year at RHS we have a lot of new staff members joining us on campus. Srta. Ruiz included.

Maria Ruiz Medina is our school’s new Spanish 1-2 teacher. This will be her third year as a Spanish teacher. She previously taught at our town’s elementary schools, Colony Oak, Ripon El, and Ripona. She goes on to say that she’s really been enjoying her time here at RHS,” The staff members are so nice, and the students are very welcoming as well.”  

Ruiz was born and raised in Mexico, where she lived in a really small town from the state of Guanajuato. She continues to say,” It’s been 10 years since I moved to the states, I moved when I was 17.” 

In her free time she enjoys hiking with her boyfriend and relishing in the scenery. Ruiz also loves going to the beach,” My favorite beach so far is located in the carmel by the sea.” 

When Ruiz first moved to the states she didn’t speak English at all. So she decided to take some ESL classes at MJC, while she was there she realized she loved learning a new language. Growing up, she had never thought about being a teacher. That wasn’t until she started to tutor those who were struggling with a new language, whilst also attending MJC. Ruiz says,” I even took some Spanish classes while I was there, that’s where I started to tutor people who were having a hard time with their Spanish classes, that’s when I discovered I loved helping people.” 

So just remember Ripon High, make sure to give Srta. Ruiz, a very warm welcome!