Raising Money for Choir and Band

As the school year progresses, so do the activities and plans for the future and this includes choir and band. Geoffery Felver, the band and choir teacher for Ripon High, explains that he plans on taking both choir and band on a trip to perform. Though a work in progress, hopes are up and it has already made great improvement. For the entirety of the trip, Felver wants to raise 10,000 dollars, and with 132 donors already of Ripon High have raised over 9,000 dollars, reaching 96% of their goal within the span of a little over a month. With this money, both choir and band will travel to perform. The decision as to where is yet to be decided, but Felver explains that traditionally, performances such as these are performed at festivals or amusement parks.

“I was thinking Santa Cruz boardwalk. In the past I took students to Great America,” says Felver.

He and his students have shown their excitement, as the students want to perform and Felver is excited to see their progress and performance.

“The purpose of it, or the object of it, is to have Ripon High music students scored and evaluated, in a professional setting compared to other peers their age from other schools in other areas.”

Along with this trip, he explains that if this were to be a success, it could greatly affect the future of choir and band’s  progression.

“If we can do a music in the parks successfully, I would love to take our groups to Disneyland because the cool thing about that is that you get to take the groups in band and choir, and you get to perform Disney music with a professional conductor hired by Disney.”

This huge step for the music arts of Ripon High has everyone at the edge of their seat. With the rate at which the band and choir seem to be pushing forward, the choir and band will be able to experience the amazing trip of Music in the Parks.