Girls League (Lemonade) Stands Up to Cancer

As summer comes to a close and the crisp fall takes over, what’s a better way to say a farewell to summer than a tasty lemonade stand? On Friday, Sep. 28, Girls’ League put this idea into action but with ulterior motives. All of the profits from the cookies and lemonade stand are donated to help prevent childhood cancer. Girls’ League is definitely one of the most humane  clubs at RHS, from fundraising for cancer to giving young girls the opportunity to have the wisdom of an older sister at Ripon High. One of the kind girls running Girl’s League is Kylee Brown, a senior at RHS. Brown was very enthusiastic about this lemonade stand.l

“This is the first year we ran the lemonade stand, and we give the money that we raise to a charity and they help kids. It was such a success because a lot of people donated, like from the rally just from collecting money we raised 93 dollars, and we haven’t counted the money from the lemonade stand but it was a successful because we gave them cookies, lemonade, necklaces, and took pictures of them with a sign.”  

If you want to help the thousands of kids with cancer every year, find the Girls’ League lemonade stand in front of the MUB and please donate. 

The American Childhood Cancer Organization states, “Each year in the U.S. there are an estimated 15,780 children between the ages of birth and 19 years of age who are diagnosed with cancer. Approximately 1 in 285 children in the U.S. will be diagnosed with cancer before their 20th birthday.” 

Even though you may not think that 5 dollars will help children with cancer, when diagnosed with cancer any amount of money goes a long way. 

“It’s a good idea to get everyone involved , when we are asking them for something it’s a good way to give back to them in return for helping others, and I think it just shows how our community is together as a whole.” Brown states. 

Girls’ League lemonade stand is a simple yet prosperous idea that not only gives to kids with cancer, but brings together Ripon High.