Golf Currently 10-0

Anna+Fisher+and+Kennedy+Winter+finishing+strong+with+their+putts.+
Anna Fisher and Kennedy Winter finishing strong with their putts.

The girls golf team has teed off to an amazing start! They had a successful season last year and are coming back stronger than ever. Varsity coach Eric Dambrosio and Varsity assistant coach Wes Van Vuren have been thrilled with the outcome of this season thus far. 

Dambrosio made some comments about his goals for the team at the end of the season, “[I want the team] to keep practicing and getting better. I mean, it’s the little things,” explains Dambrosio. “When you understand [golf], one or two shots here and there can make a difference between a match, so if [they] practice hard […], it will pay off in the end.”

Aaliyah Martinez hitting a shot.

The team works hard Monday through Thursday after school at the Jack Tone golf course. They work on many of their skills such as putting, chipping, and full swings. On Sep. 26, the Lady Indians competed in the Mid-Year Tournament at Manteca Golf Course against the other schools in the league and came to the top with ease. Seniors Katie Martin, Aaliyah Martinez, and Anna Fisher scored in the top 10 at the tournament and junior Sienna Pimentel pitched in for the top four scores for the team’s collective score of 400. Then recently, on Oct. 10, they competed in a match at Jack Tone against Escalon and, as always, they took the win. Seniors Martin, Martinez, Fisher, and junior Kennedy Winter contributed to the top four scores for the team’s collective score of 156.

This is, sadly, the seniors’ last year being on the golf team and one of the seniors, Martin, is both sentimental and excited about what her future holds. 

“I’m excited that it’s my last year of playing golf. This is my fourth year and I’m just kind of done with it and moving on. I’m ready for the next phase,” explained Martin. 

On Oct. 16, the Lady Indians head back to Manteca Golf Course for the End of the Year Tournament. The team has stayed undefeated and let’s wish them good luck for their upcoming tournament!