Undefeated Ripon High Freshman Football Team Runs Through Rival Escalon

Many fans are interested in how Varsity Football does at RHS, partly because their final year and they are on Friday night lights. However there is another level of football making more noise on Thursday nights. That team is the undefeated Ripon high freshman football team. The freshman football team continued their undefeated season on Thursday October 19th they beat Escalon 21-7.

The Freshman have used their running game all through the season to be undefeated. The RHS freshman team used their running game to start off strong on their opening drive by running all the way to the endzone. Then having the punt unit block a punt and take it all the way for a touchdown. Ripon had given up a touchdown late in the second quarter, however they were still able to rally for one more touchdown in the third quarter to seal the game.

Freshman wing Kaeo Sanchez states, “My mindset when I got the block punt return, I wasn’t really thinking about it, I thought I was going to get tackled., but I ended up returning it and it felt good…”

Freshman wing Gavin Decena also stated, “It feels really good taking down a school that we have bad blood with, and the tensions were really high. We went in there, got that dub [and are] 9-0, our high school career, were 1-0 against a big school that were going to be rivals with all four years [of high school].” 

This won’t be the last time the RHS freshman will be looking to beat Escalon, as they will be rivals with them all four years. This showing by them in this game, and every other game they have played has proved to show they are legit. If they can win their final game of the season, they will be league champions and will have everyone fear what will happen when they reach varsity level.

View Comments (1)