Varsity Volleyball Passing for Playoffs

Varsity Volleyball Passing for Playoffs

Ripon High School’s varsity volleyball team had their first playoff game of the season on Tuesday, Oct. 25 against Amador High School. They played an excellent game, winning all 3 sets with ease. The varsity team has gone undefeated in league games because of their hard work and dedication to the game. 

Sophomore student, Adriana Dorn, is one of the varsity’s star players. Dorn has been playing volleyball for 4 years as an outside for school volleyball, and plays setter and right side for club volleyball. She is always positive on the court and loves to encourage her teammates. Throughout her years of experience, she’s been able to figure out how to play when a big crowd is watching her. 

“Sometimes it’s difficult, mentally, when there is a big crowd watching me, but I just tell myself that it’s okay to make mistakes,” Dorn says. Dorn would like to carry her volleyball intelligence on into college and keep working hard to push herself to be better. 

As being an undefeated team in the league, Dorn thinks it’s important to have a team you can count on. 

Dorn stated, “It’s good to have a team you know you can rely on and have your back.” As a sophomore on Ripon High Schools’ Varsity Volleyball team, Dorn shows her success and commitment to the sport. To support our successful team this year, come to Ripon High to watch the Varsity Volleyball girls play their second playoff game against Hilmar High School on Thursday Oct 26!