Recycling Bandit Afoot at Ripon High

Ripon High has faced many challenges throughout the years, but a recent one has come into motion. For the past couple months, Journalism has lost recycling to an unknown thief around town. Journalism does recycling on campus to help fund the program and teach students the responsibilities of recycling. However, not much progress has been made in Journalism, because they lost their collected recycling multiple times. It is unknown how the criminal got into the storage shed and took the sorted bags for easy money.

Students in Journalism are bothered by the loss from this crime. Sienna Pimentel, a student in journalism, states, “For me it has been really upsetting because the whole class has been putting a lot of work into getting the recycling from around the school, and then after sorting it, which benefits us greatly. Yet, that hasn’t been happening because it keeps getting stolen…”

This event has affected Journalism financially and seems to annoy other journalism students as well. “We all have our suspicions but we’re hoping to get that fixed soon with a lock that won’t break, hopefully,” Pimentel states.

If you have any news or updates about the current situation, or have seen suspicious activity at the RHS recycling shed, please contact Ripon High School with any information.