Ripon’s Rivalry Battle with EscaLon

Senior Dawson Downs

Varsity boys basketball recently went against Escalon in an intense head to head game. On Jan. 12, the boys pulled a win out of the bag with a score of 52-49. Ripon was stoked about their win, while Escalon was upset and had to go home with an unfortunate loss. 

Senior Dawson Downs was heavily involved in the game and continuously scored three pointers for the team. “I thought I did good. I mean we won, obviously, so it was a fun game and everyone did [well].” 

Not only was Downs contributing to the game, but Junior Logan Lefebrve was constantly assisting and heavily involved in the game, getting the team closer to their victory. As a team overall, he felt that the tough game brought them together and showed them how to work under pressure. 

“We got experience in a close game that we needed and it kind of gave us a reason to go into every game and not [be] cocky [and] know anything can happen,” explained Lefebrve.

Ripon remains undefeated and stands alone in the TVL. We wish them luck for the rest of the season!