NFL Playoff Predictions

The 2023 NFL season is over, but the NFL playoffs are back and better than ever. The first week of playoffs started off with many interesting story lines, with the Detroit Lions winning their first playoff game in 32 years, and the Green Bay Packers upsetting the Dallas Cowboys. Now the second round of playoffs is coming up, and everyone wants to know who will come out on top. I will be predicting who I personally think will win and move on to the NFC and AFC championship game.

On Jan. 20, the Houston Texans will be facing off against the Baltimore Ravens. The Houston Texans have had quite a season, going from arguably one of the worst teams in the NFL to one of the best. That all takes part to rookie QB, CJ Stroud, who has broken rookie records all year long. I believe, however, that this Raven defense is too physical for the Texans to stop, and Ravens QB, Lamar Jackson, is too versatile to contain. I predict the Ravens will win with a score of 31-24.

Heavy/Getty

Later that day, the Green Bay Packers will be heading to California, as they come to face the San Francisco 49ers. The Packers had an impressive upset win over the Cowboys. Packers’ QB, Jordan Love, and RB, Aaron Jones, had torched the Cowboys defense all day. However, the Packers defense has struggled all year, and the 49ers offense has weapons all around them, including star QB, Brock Purdy. The offense is the Packers strength, but the 49ers have one of the best defenses in the NFL. I predict the 49ers will win by a score of 42-28.

On Jan. 21, the Detroit Lions will be hosting the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Lions fans are in celebration mode, as they had ended a 32 year drought of playoff wins on Jan. 14 against the Los Angeles Rams. Meanwhile, the Buccaneers had just beaten a struggling Philadelphia Eagles team. Both teams have their strengths, however, inconsistent play from the Buccaneers leaves a lot to be desired against a high powered Lions offense. Lions will continue their celebration as they get their second playoff win, with a score of 28-13.

To end the weekend off, Patrick Mahommes and the Kansas City Chiefs will head to Buffalo to face QB, Josh Allen, and the Buffalo Bills. Both teams struck high in the first round of playoffs, as the Chiefs had decimated the Miami Dolphins, and the Bills had ran through the Pittsburgh Steelers. These two teams are one of the biggest rivals in the NFL, as the last time they played each other in the playoffs, it became arguably one of the greatest playoff games of all time, with the Chiefs taking an overtime victory. However, the Chiefs Wide receiver room has been depleted since then, and the defense has struggled to stop the run attack. These are both weaknesses that the Buffalo Bills can exploit. The Bills will get their revenge, as they win with a score of 21-16.

The NFL playoffs are one of the most exciting times of the football world, and with teams playing their best football, the 2024 Divisional round should be no different.