Club Spotlight: Rock and Roll Club

Rock and Roll Club is designed to engage students interested in the thrill of Rock and Roll. This club gathers people across campus to talk about and play different genres of rock. The club was founded in Oct. of 2022. Junior Vice President, James Wilkins, says, “I would definitely recommend just showing up to meetings when we have them, checking out our social media stuff and joining our group discussions…” 

Also it’s okay if you don’t know how to play an instrument. Senior Alex Gamboa  states, “You don’t even have to be able to play an instrument. We have a whole space for people, like an outlet, [for] people that like Rock and Roll… ” The club offers a chill place for people to hangout and discuss different topics. 

The group is looking forward to the future of the club as they discuss different plans on how to expand and reach out to a wider base of people. Wilkins states, “We would really like to start having more live performances, we did a live performance for Club Rush and we all had a great time and we would be able to share that with the school, both to people that want to participate and want to play music, and also just for people to enjoy and spectate. We just wanna share that love for Rock and Roll and love for music.”

Clubs are a great way to branch out of your comfort zone and experience new things; such as meeting new people as well as discovering new music. Another great thing is it offers a sense of community and communication. It doesn’t matter if you’re a freshman, sophomore, junior, or even a senior, all grade levels are welcome to share the love and to rock on.