RHS Basketball Team Strikes Fast in Win Against Livingston

The Ripon High varsity basketball team suffered a frustrating loss on Jan. 19, 2024 against Ripon Christian. After that loss, they knew they needed to get the win against Livingston, and they did exactly that. RHS would beat Livingston with a score of 66-37. The team quickly showed that they were the better team and that they are not to be messed with. 

The team started off strong offensively, as they went into halftime with a score of 41-17. The offense played perfectly in the first half, in total sync the entire game. The defense played just as well, if not better. The team made sure to keep pressure on Livingston. The defense forced multiple turnovers and blocks to force Livingston to struggle scoring points.

Senior Landon Gillespie stated, “Our ball movement, our passing, our defense, and [our working] together as a team, put us in a good position to score easy points.”

Despite the fact the offense had not looked as clean in the fourth quarter, the defense was still able to hold off Livingston and win by a score of 66-37. This was one of the best performance’s that the RHS basketball team had all year. If the offense can keep racking up points fast, and the defense keeps putting pressure on opposing offenses, this team will be the best team in the league.